1. Who are you? We are a small, independent publishing house established in 2004 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
2. How can we reach you? Our office number is 905.855.2950 or 214-473-4850. Our e-mail address is listed in the “Contact Oblio Press” section.
3. Can you publish my book? Probably not. We are constantly evaluating a variety of book projects. However, the nature of our business model is not that as found within traditional publishing houses. We believe that while the mainstream book industry is going mass market, the rest of the industry — and new, vibrant independent publishers, realize that the future is found with a greater focus on small run, niche oriented books.
4. What do you mean by “niche markets? “The Tiniest Warrior of All” by Nicola JD Maher is the perfect example; given the very specific nature of the content (“a fairytale for parents with premature children“), traditional publishing houses would not have touched the book. Their focus is on mass-market books that sell to broad audiences. And yet there is a crushing need for books such as The Tiniest Warrior of All. Oblio Press realizes that the power of the connected world allows us to bring to the market books that fit within small but very active niche audiences.
4. How can I order your books? You can order them through the Web sites of our published books, which allows you to purchase the book directly through the author/Oblio Press. In addition, all of our books are available through Amazon.com, the world’s largest online book seller. Bookstores can order via fax to 905.855.0269. We are listed in Books in Print.
5. Can we trust you and the author when you process our order? Of course you can. If you are worried about placing an order for any of our books through this Web site, or that of our authors, contact us.